Fine Art Lithograph, hand pulled on a vintage Maroni press; printed via the same process used by Mucha.
The advertising posters of the 1890’s flourished due to the the implementation of Freedom of the Press Law in 1881. Mucha‘s imagery and style became a stand out in the “street galleries” as the poster posting places were referred to. This resulted in not only commercial success for advertisers, but personal admiration from Mucha‘s artist peers and the general public.
Recreated from the original image by Alphonse Mucha under the endorsement of The Mucha Foundation. The lithograph was pulled on rives French-made paper on an antique press. Chromist David Copson, created this image by hand-drawing directly on to specially prepared surgaces which were then chemically transferred onto lithographi plates, one plate for each color. The plates used to create these editions have been destroyed. The original image obtained by the Mucha Foundation insured that this recreation matched in size, color and style of the original graphic work in exact detail. This print bears the chop mark of The Mucha Foundation plus the chop mark of S2 Atelier.